Job & Family Services Office of Unemployment Insurance Operations
Correcting Quarterly Tax Reports

In Ohio, employers are required to file a complete Quarterly Tax Return each quarter. The report consists of two sections, the Wage Detail and the Quarterly Summary. Instructions on how to correct information is shown below.

Correcting the Wage Detail

Do not use any portion of the Quarterly Tax Return (JFS-20125) to correct reports previously filed. 

  • To file your amendment online, please visit the Employer Resource Information Center (ERIC).
  • To file by paper, use a Request to Amend the Quarterly Tax Return (JFS-20129) to correct wage items.
  • A separate Request to Amend the Quarterly Tax Return (JFS-20129) must be submitted for each quarter being corrected.
  • Each employee record you wish to amend should appear as it would have if submitted correctly and must contain a social security number, employee name, gross wage, and number of weeks.
  • Do not re-list employee records previously submitted correctly.
  • Do not use negative figures to report changes in gross wages or weeks.
For assistance in filing wage detail amendments on line, please contact the Wage Record Electronic Wage Reporting Unit at 614-752-9661.
Where can you get extra forms?

If you need quarterly tax return forms, contact the Contribution Section, PO Box 182404, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2404; or by calling the Contribution Section at (614) 466-2319. For those employers with more than 15 employees, copies can be made of the Wage Detail page of the Quarterly Tax Return to use as supplemental pages.