Job & Family Services Office of Communications
Applying for Food, Cash and Medical Assistance

Ohio has two ways to apply for cash, food and medical assistance:

  1. You can apply online at Benefits.Ohio.gov.
  2. You can fill out a "Request for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance" (JFS 7200) form and submit it to your county agency. You can get the form at http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS07200 or by visiting your county agency. You can find the address and phone number of your county agency at jfs.ohio.gov/County or by looking in the county government section of your phone book. Some county agencies have multiple locations so make sure to call first to find the location nearest you. You can also register to vote at your county agency. 
Some specific Medicaid programs may require an additional form.

For more information, see the publication "Program Enrollment & Benefit Information" (JFS 07501), which can be found at your county agency or online at http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS07501/.