Job & Family Services Agriculture
Concerns or Complaints?

Employment or safety violations can be filed at an OhioMeansJobs center with Form ETA 8429.

Consumer issues - The Ohio Attorney General can help you address a variety of consumer issues, and they provide tips on scams, crimes against children, and human trafficking.  

Discrimination complaints based on age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or veteran status can be filed on the state level with ODJFS Bureau of Civil Rights or on the federal level with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the US Department of Justice: Employment Based Discrimination, Civil Rights Division.

Reasons for filing are that a person was:

    - denied or delayed any service, aid, or other benefit provided under an ODJFS program,
    - subjected to segregation or disparate treatment in an ODJFS program,
    - provided services using different rules to decide who will get assistance,
    - limited in the use of buildings, rooms or other space in a way that denies individual participation or access, and
      accessibility and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.

Inspection & Wages - The Ohio Department of Commerce, Wage and Hour Division  administration is responsible to:

efficiently pursue, enforce, and ensure compliance of and investigate all complaints with Ohio's minimum wage,
minor labor, and prevailing wage labor laws 
- provide information, meet with employers and employees, and educate the public on the areas the laws enforce
conduct inspections of workplaces, investigations, and hearings in a professional and fact finding manner
accurately and efficiently disseminate prevailing wage information to all those that require it.    

The U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division can help you address complaints regarding non-payment of wages.


Last reviewed: 10/29/2020