Ohio Refugee Advisory Council
The Ohio Refugee Advisory Council (ORAC), created in 1981, serves at the invitation of the Director of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services to advise the Department on matters relating to refugee resettlement. ORAC meets in Columbus quarterly and on an ad-hoc basis. Meetings usually consist of a discussion of current Ohio refugee issues and one or more informative/ educational presentations. Visitors are welcome, and will be given the opportunity to present their views on refugee-related issues during the public comment period set aside for that purpose. If you would like to attend a meeting, please call the ODJFS Refugee Services Section at 614-466-4815. Upcoming ORAC meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 1:00 p.m. (RESCHEDULED)
- Tuesday, September 14, 2010, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 1:00 p.m.
All meetings are at the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Air Center, Rooms 118-119, 4020 E. Fifth Avenue, Columbus 43219.
|Map To Location
|Minutes From Past Meetings: