|Ohio Works First (H.B. 408) Work Requirements
|Mandatory - 0 to 20 hours
- Unsubsidized employment
- Subsidized private and public sector employment
- Work Experience Program
- On-the-Job Training, including child care provider
- Job search, job readiness and job skills training
- Community service activities
- Vocational education training (not to exceed 12 months)
|Developmental/Alternative - 21 to 30 hours
- Education activities, e.g. GED and post-secondary
- Parenting classes and life skills training
- Participation in alcohol or drug addiction program
- English as a second language classes
* Alternative activities are designed for individuals who are exempt or unable to participate in Mandatory work activities -- limited to 20% of all families receiving Ohio Works First benefits.
* Hours and activities for single-parent families.