MPIP, Ohio’s Medicaid Provider Incentive Program, was launched in June 2011. MPIP provides incentive payments to eligible professionals and eligible hospitals that adopt, implement or upgrade (AIU)to certified electronic health record (EHR) technology and use it in a meaningful manner.
The goals and benefits of certified EHR technology are to:
- Improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare
- Reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and families to take an active role in their healthcare
- Enhance care coordination
- Improve population and public health
- Maintain privacy and security.
Eligible professionals and eligible hospitals with an active Ohio Medicaid Provider Agreement may be eligible to participate in MPIP. Eligible professionals include Physicians, Optometrists, Dentists, Certified Nurse-Midwives, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants (PA) (practicing in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or a Rural Health Center (RHC) that is so ledby a PA). Eligible hospitals include Acute Care Hospitals (including Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) and Cancer Hospitals) and Children’s Hospitals.
For additional information click on the eligible professionals or eligible hospitals link below: