Policies and Procedures Governing Step Up To Quality
- SUTQ Rules
- The electronic version of the Child Care Manual is available from the ODJFS eManuals site. The manual contains all rules, forms, transmittal letters and procedure letters that the department has issued for Step Up To Quality (SUTQ).
Click here to go to the eManuals site. Under the section titled "Children and Families - Child Care," click the link for "Child Care Manual." On the "Child Care Manual" page, click the link titled "Step Up To Quality (SUTQ): Chapter 17."
- Click here to access the Step Up To Quality Guidance Document
- Verification Visit Deferral Policy - effective January 1, 2012
- Annual Screening Requirement Clarification - effective with SUTQ Rule update 11-10-11
- Benchmark Resources
- Click here to access SUTQ Benchmark Resources page
- Evidence Portfolio
- Click here to access the Step Up To Quality Evidence Portfolio Tabs for Centers
( November 10, 2011 update)
- The following documents provide clarification of the Evidence Portfolio requirements:
- Ratio and Group Size Requirements
- Staff Education and Qualifications
- Specialized Training
- Administrative Practices
- Early Learning
- Click here to access the Step Up To Quality Evidence Portfolio Tabs for Type A Homes
- Appeal Process
- Programs may appeal the outcome of a Star Rating verification visit or the removal of a Star Rating. Star Rating removals are based on serious risk non-compliances.
- JFS 01563 Appeal Request for Step Up To Quality.