Job & Family Services
Early Learning and Development
- Rule 5101:2-12-24 (D) states that the administrator shall complete a rules review course provided by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- This training is required for a newly named administrator of an ODJFS licensed child care center and is required within six months of being named administrator.
- Please note: Due to capacity issues, these trainings are intended only for administrator's named on the ODJFS license.
- Each training session is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Administrators must attend the entire session to successfully fulfill the rule requirement and to obtain the completion certificate and JFS 01307 Inservice Training form.
- In order to participate in Step Up To Quality all administrators on the center's license are required to take the Administrator's Rules Training as their specialized training pre-requisite. Note: If the administrator has attended an administrator rules training since January 1, 2007and has the completion certificate, the training counts as meeting the Administrator Training pre-requisite for Specialized Training. See Specialized Training page of the Step Up To Quality website.
Training Locations and Dates:
- Trainings are held throughout the state in the licensing field office regions. Specific locations and details are outlined below.
- Training dates will be updated quarterly but may not all be reflected timely on this site, refer to the PD network site for the most up to date list of trainings in each office.
- Registration for Administrator Rules Training is now through the Ohio Professional Development Network at www.opdn.org.
- If you do not currently have a profile on the Registry, you will first sign up and create your profile. Then you can register for the training.
- Click here for instructions on creating a profile and registering for training.
For training dates, please visit the Ohio Professional Development website at www.opdn.org
To report Child Care Fraud
If you have knowledge that a person receiving child care benefits or a child care provider has provided false or inaccurate information to either the county or the state and you would like to report it, you may do so by calling the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) to report the information at (877) 302 - 2347, Option 4 or by email at: email@example.com.