TERMINATION OF SERVICES OVERVIEW
A Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) may terminate either IV-D Services, Support Enforcement Program Services (SEPS) or both. When only IV-D Services are terminated, the case becomes Non-IV-D and receives SEPS. When SEPS are terminated, the case is closed.
IV-D services include:
- IRS offset
- Unemployment compensation withholding
- IRS disclosure
- IRS collection
- Certification to U.S. district court
- Location of CP or NCP or AF,
- Establishment of parentage,
- Establishment and modification of child support orders and medical support orders,
- Enforcement of support orders,
- Collection of support obligations and
- Any other actions appropriate to child support enforcement.
Termination of Services Links & Resources
- When IV-D services are terminated, a case will either remain eligible for SEPS or close.
- When SEPS are terminated, case will close.
- When Public Assistance (PA) terminates, IV-D services cannot be terminated unless the case meets one of the termination of services criteria.
The Ohio Administrative Code rules related to termination of services can be found at:http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/5101%3A12-10-70.
[Back to Top]
Last Updated 03/18/2015