Forgot Your Password or need to Reset Password
To reset your MITS password:
1. Click the "Help Reset Password" link
2. Enter the letters and/or numbers that you see in the Captcha (scrambled word) image
3. Click the Submit button
An email will be sent to you from: MITS_Automated_Message@jfs.ohio.gov with further instructions. Note: Some spam filters may need to be modified to allow these messages to be received. It may be necessary to add the email address above as a trusted sender to prevent blocking emails from this address.
Your Password Expired: For security reasons, MITS passwords expire every 30 days. If your password has expired since the last time you logged in, you will be prompted to change your password when you attempt to log in.
Current Ohio Medicaid provider that needs to register to use the MITS Web Portal?
If you are a current Ohio Medicaid provider, you can set up a new MITS account to access the MITS Web Portal. To do so, you must already have a 7-digit Medicaid Provider ID.
1. To begin the MITS Portal registration process, please go to Provider Setup/Registration at this link https://portal.ohmits.com/Public/Providers/Account%20Setup/tabId/49/Default.aspx
2. In the "Login ID" field, enter your 7-digit Medicaid Provider ID.
3. In the Personal Identification Number (PIN) field, enter your PIN. (This is the last four digits of your EIN or SSN).
4. Press the "setup account" button.
5. You will be taken to a page where you will be able to enter your contact information and create a new User ID and Password.
Once you have set up your MITS account, you can log into the secure site at this link: https://portal.ohmits.com/public/Providers/tabid/43/Default.aspx, using the User ID and Password that you created in Step 5 above.
How do you change the email address on your account?
1. Log into the MITS Portal
2. On the "Landing Page" click on the "My Information" link. This will take you to the "Update My Security Information" page.
3. Update your email address and other identifying information on this page, then click "OK".
What is your PIN?
Your Personal Provider Identification Number (PIN) is the last four digits of your EIN or SSN.
Forgot your User ID?
If you have forgotten your MITS Web Portal User ID, you can request a reminder:
1. On the MITS login page, click the Help Remind User ID link
2. Enter your email address associated with your MITS Web Portal account.
3. Enter additional identifying information: first name, last name, or provider ID
4. Enter the letters and/or numbers that you see in the Captcha (scrambled word) image.
5. Click the submit button
An email will be sent to you from MITS_Access_Support@jfs.ohio.gov. Note: Some spam filters may need to be modified to allow these messages to be received. It may be necessary to add the email address above as a trusted sender to prevent blocking emails from this address.
Change email address created by another person.
If the former owner of the account is no longer with the organization, and the account information is unknown, please call 1-800-686-1516 to request the account be reset.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-686-1516.