The goal of Strengthening Families Ohio is to prevent child abuse and neglect by providing a common framework and a set of tools to all individuals, organizations and systems that touch the lives of young children and their families. Working with childcare professionals, child welfare professionals and community organizations, the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund will help facilitate the integration of state prevention strategies, strengthen families within the early care and education and child welfare systems and engage parents and communities in building protective factors.
- Establish an engaged Strengthening Families Ohio State Leadership team.
- Establish state and local partnerships to embed the Strengthening Families Protective Factors into Ohio’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (Step Up to Quality).
- Establish a network of pilot sites to inform the work and direction of the Strengthening Families Ohio State Leadership team.
- Develop a Strengthening Families Ohio State Plan.
- Establish a statewide Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS) workgroup that will work to embed the Strengthening Families language into the Step Up to Quality benchmarks and indicators.
- Conduct a process evaluation documenting and analyzing the early development and actual implementation of the Strengthening Families Protective Factors.
For more information about Strengthening Families Ohio, click on the following links:
Ohio Strengthening Families Networks:
Other Strengthening Families Resource Links:
Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
National Alliance of Children's Trust and Prevention Funds
Strengthening Families Website